Thursday, August 5, 2010

DiMassi's Mediterranean Buffet -Addison


DiMassi's Mediterranean Buffet

5220 Beltline Road
Addison, TX 75001 
972-458-1100

 
Personally I love Mediterranean food.  It has so many vegetarian options, and the flavors are simply divine. DiMassi's Mediterranean Buffet located on Beltline in Addison is a place I like to call “Moms.” I can honestly say I passed up this place many times, it is located in an old Steak and Ale building and honestly does not stand out to well from the road. Usually my main reason for bypassing a Mediterranean restaurant is the cost. One day my wife and I decided to stop by and see what they offered.

Walking in, the smell is incredibly delicious. Then the Buffet jumps out at you. The plan was to walk out if there were limited or no vegetarian offerings. The reality was there were so many options it was mind blowing.  The buffet is literally at least 25 feet long and a huge portion is entirely vegetarian.  The thing I liked the most was that everything is clearly marked by name and ingredient, so there is no guess work as to what’s in your food. It is also very clean and inviting.


Being a buffet, there is no server. It is entirely up to you to get everything, but what a delight when you see the offerings.

 

Generally speaking, a Mediterranean meal for two can set you back at least 50 to 60 dollars, but DiMassi offers all you can eat for about $22 for two people, and that includes drinks and Baklava.















 My most favorite food in the world is Falafel, and honestly I have never had a better one (or 5 or 20) as here. They make their bread fresh in a brick oven, and they serve the best potatoes, spinach, fried cauliflower, around. The salad offerings are many, and hummus and Baba Ghanouge are quite good.

 


The only drawback to the place is you will hurt after leaving because the offerings are so good and plentiful it is impossible to experience everything in one visit. 



A great place to bring friends, family, or just yourself. There is a little something for everyone, even those meat eaters. 

So I call this place "mom's" because everytime I eat here I feel like I just came home.


1 comment:

  1. I have to agree, the food is just yummy and I have to make myself stop at one plate, because it is so easy to get stuffed there. :0)

    ReplyDelete